24.11.08

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY

though you've been gone
i know i'm not all alone
you've left me signs of your presence
whenever i'm deprived of my confidence
to guide me through whenever possible
my memory of you haven't run its cycle

i know He treats you well up there
for echoes of your laughter are everywhere
i always wonder how it'd feel
to have you back against His will
but who am i to rob you of your happiness
in the hope to fill my own emptiness

no doubt i'm missing your smile each day
and i'll never forget it come what may
i guess fifteen years won't too late
for me to say that you've been great
for nine precious suns you'd stood by me
and twenty six for your family

i'm sorry if my sins have hurt you terribly
the road i've taken has always been rocky
but my prayers for you will never cease
cool and comforting like the sea breeze
nine years with you will never be forgotten
your love for me will remain as important

No comments: